- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes about 8 dozen cookies
It may sound odd to add potato chips to a recipe for chocolate chip cookies but fear not; these delicious, crunchy bites are sheer heaven.
- 2 cups (1 pound) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Extra granulated sugar for pressing cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- Place the butter and the sugar into a bowl and cream the mixture until light in texture. Add the vanilla, potato chips and the flour to the bowl, stir to combine, and then add the chocolate chips; mix well to incorporate.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart. Grease the bottom of a glass with butter and then dip into a small plate of granulated sugar. Press down on each cookie after dipping the glass in the sugar first.
- Place the cookies in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until golden in color. Cool slightly on a wire rack prior to serving.