- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6 People
These easy-to-make bars are ideal for serving at potlucks or for sharing with friends and family during the Christmas season.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Cream butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix in flour until mixture becomes coarse and crumbly.
- Press into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook milk and butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture comes to a boil and thickens, remove from heat; stir in peanuts and remaining vanilla, then spread evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Upon removing from oven, immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let chocolate stand for a few minutes to soften, then spread.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped peanuts over all.