- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
These finger lickin’ pieces of chicken are a kiddy favorite! Not only do they get to dip these moist yet crunchy pieces of chicken in the sauce of their choice, but moms can feel good about providing a healthy alternative to fried chicken.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tabelspoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and spray 2 large baking sheets with oil.
- Put buttermilk in a medium bowl. Drop in the chicken tenders, making sure that each is thoroughly coated with buttermilk. Cover the bowl and let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan in a flat dish. Take each chicken tender from the buttermilk marinade and dredge in the bread crumb mixture, making sure that all chicken tenders are completely coated with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, close together but not touching. Drizzle evenly with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and bake until tenders are golden brown; approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve tenders alone or with a dipping sauce of your choice.