- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes about 6 cups
This is a recipe for the sweet and sticky treat that you find at amusement parks and the circus. If you’re a nut lover, add peanuts or any other toasted nut of your choice.
- 3/4 cup popcorn
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and then slowly add the sugar until totally dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in the water, brush the sides of the pan with the butter mixture.
- Put a warmed candy thermometer into the mixture and cook, without stirring, until temperature reaches 234 degrees.
- Pour in the popcorn and stir gently until the corn is thoroughly coated. Transfer popcorn to the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Lightly butter your fingers and separate the kernels of corn and place into a bowl.