- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 10
Crunch Bars are perfect for the sweet tooth that likes a bit of salty with their sweet.
- 1 column saltines (from a 4 pack package)
- 2 sticks butter, salted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1, 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- Layer saltines on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Boil butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Pour or spoon hot mixture over saltines evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Then quickly spread the chips using the back of a spoon.
- Cool in refrigerator. Break into pieces. Can be frozen.