- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 1 dozen
Sweet and crunchy apple muffins, wonderful warm!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled apples
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Crunch Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup choped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Stir together the sifted flour, dry milk, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the apples.
- Mix the water, oil and egg. Stir into the flour mixture. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 cull. Mix together the topping ingredients, and sprinkle on top of the batter in each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve warm.