- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 54 min
- Total: 1 hr 4 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Sweet cinnamon-sprinkled butternut squash is topped with a tasty crumb topping to create an enjoyably sweet and fragrant side dish for pork and poultry dishes.
- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- Olive oil to grease pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and brush an oven pan with olive oil to coat.
- Place the squash, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt into the prepared pan and toss to coat. Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the breadcrumbs and the broth into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the cooked squash and then place the pan back in the oven to cook under the broiler for 4 minutes, or until breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Serve immediately.