- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 24 People
Serve this sweet treat at breakfast or as an after dinner dessert.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and flour until mixture becomes coarse. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Mix together baking soda and buttermilk; stir into flour mixture.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Stir mixture until batter becomes smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.