- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 12
A hearty meal for a holiday gathering or weekend family get together. Recipe courtesy of Sunkist.
- 1 crown roast of pork (8-9 lb)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 oranges, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush roast with 3 tablespoons olive oil, evenly coating meat inside and out. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine remainder of oil with garlic and rosemary leaves in a small bowl.
- Grate zest from 2 oranges and combine with garlic rosemary mixture.
- Coat roast evenly with mixture, inside and out.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan with extra space around the sides.
- Cut zested oranges into quarters, and place them around roast.
- Bake roast for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue roasting, rotating pan after 45 minutes. Meat will brown.
- Meat is done when internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. on a meat thermometer, about 1 to 2 hours depending on size.
- Carve roast, place chops on platter and pour pan juices over meat. Discard cooked orange quarters.
- Garnish roast with fresh orange slices from remaining 2 oranges and serve.