- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
Courtesy of the Soyfoods Council, this vegetarian lasagna is an easy and delicious meat-free meal.
- 1 container soft (silken) tofu
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed, patted dry
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, soy milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil and salt and process until smooth. Add spinach to this mixture.
- Place about a cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the crockpot or slow-cooker. Then place a third of the noodles on top of the sauce, and a third of the tofu and spinach mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat these layers, being sure to end with sauce on top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until noodles are soft. Serve with a crisp green salad.