- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
I love the creamy taste of this dish and it's great to serve with Christmas Ham.
- 6 potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and sliced potatoes.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan warm half and half until it simmers.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the soup, cheese, nutmeg, pepper and garlic.
- Stir until well blended.
- In a crock pot make layers starting with the potatoes and onions.
- Pour a layer of the soup mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat the layering until you have used all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.