- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 hr
- Total: 12 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Brought to you by Aunt Sadie's Scrapbook.
- 4 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (15Â½ oz.)
- 1Â½ c. water
- Â½ tsp. pepper
- Â½ tsp. red pepper, optional
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can tomato puree (29 oz.)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Â½ tsp. oregano
- 2 lb. sausage Italian links or country style)
- Brown ground beef in 2 tablespoons hot oil in frying pan.
- When almost browned, add onion and continue browning until onion is tender.
- Pour meat and onion into 3Â½ quart crock pot.
- Add puree, sauce, paste, water, salt, pepper and oregano and set dial on low setting.
- Cut sausage into pieces and brown in remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- When brown, place sausages in sauce in crock pot. Continue cooking for 12 hours. (If you like your sauce sweeter, you could add Â¼ to Â½ cup sugar to this.)