- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
I got this recipe from a free weekly newspaper that is delivered every Monday. It's from Bev Plessinger of Smithville, Ohio.
- 2 lbs. kielbasa or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can pineapple chunks, 20 oz. size (don't forget to reserve the juice!)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- Cook sausage until almost done.
- Drain grease.
- Cook juices, cornstarch and brown sugar until thick.
- Stir in salt.
- Put sausage and fruit and veggies in crock pot.
- Pour in juice mixture.
- cook on low for 4 hours.