- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
You can use chicken in place of the steak in this recipe.
- 1 pound steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup packaged biscuit mix
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Turn Crock Pot on low.
- Sprinkle steak with dry onion soup mix.
- Pour hot water over steak.
- Stir in carrots, celery and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Turn pot to HIGH.
- In separate small bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley.
- Stir in milk with fork until mixture is moistened. Drop dumpling mixture into crock pot with a teaspoon. Cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes.