- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
A great chicken dish with a pastry shell.
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into pieces
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 cu frozen peas
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, broth, tarragon, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water and stir it into the slow cooker.
- Add the peas and cook for an additional 20 minutes on low.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, cover with puff pastry according to package directions and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.