- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr 25 min
- Total: 8 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore is a great dish to come home to after a busy weekend having fun.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken parts, skin removed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, crushed
- 1, 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 pound mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1, 16 ounce fettucine, cooked and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, stir in garlic, Italian seasonings, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, pepper and 1 cup stock. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from cooker and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch in a bowl with the remaining stock until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture in cooker and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve sauce with chicken and cooked fettucine.