- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this stew with french bread and a green salad.
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into Â½-inch pieces
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 env. onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cut green beans
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook beef in hot oil until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and beef in crock pot.
- Stir together condensed soup, wine, soup mix, and marjoram in a medium bowl.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (Or, cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.)
- Turn to high, if using low heat.
- Stir in green beans.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or until beans are tender.