- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
It is not important that you take the meat and vegetables out at a specific amount of time. One or two hours either way usually makes no difference.
- 2 lbs. beef roast
- Â½ tsp, pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Â½ env. onion soup mix
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, cut into rings
- Â½ c. water
- Â½ c, tomato sauce
- Cut beef into serving sized portions.
- Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings.
- Brown beef in a bit of oil.
- Place the vegetables into bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle the beef pieces with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix.
- Place on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl with about Â½ cup water and Â½ cup tomato juice.
- Pour this over the meat.
- Turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.
- When ready to serve, ladle meat and vegetables out of pot with a slotted spoon.
- Use the liquid as is or turn crock pot to high and thicken liquid with a little flour or cornstarch.