- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Creme Fraiche, meaning ‘fresh cream,’ is a delicious, thinner form of sour cream what was originally developed by the French.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 8-ounce carton créme fraiche or sour cream
- Place the garlic into a small bowl and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt. Mash the garlic with a wooden spoon until it becomes a paste.
- Squeeze the lemon over the garlic and then add another pinch of salt. Mix and then let the garlic stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the crème fraiche or sour cream to the bowl along with a few grinds of pepper, and whisk the mixture to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Use within 3 days for best results.