- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This creamy and tangy salad dressing is so delicious you may just want to use it as a dip instead. Feel free to substitute the olive oil for grapeseed oil if you prefer.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the egg yolk into a bowl and slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking vigorously to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, crème fraîche, shallots, lemon juice and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture well until blended. Serve immediately.