- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 8 hr 35 min
- Serving: Serves 6
The ultimate comfort food breakfast; thick pieces of French toast marinated in a Crème Brulee sauce and then baked until reaching golden perfection.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 9-inch round loaf country-style bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat in a small saucepan; stir until smooth.
- Pour the syrup into a 13x9-inch baking dish and then add six slices of the bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier and salt with a whisk until well combined. Pour mixture over the bread.
- Place the bread mixture into the refrigerator and chill for at least 8 hours, covered.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; uncover and remove bread mixture from the refrigerator.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until bread is puffy and golden colored. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve immediately.