- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 1
This yummy sandwich is a great alternative to traditional grilled cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices soft whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 slices smoked deli ham
- 1 slice American, Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Strawberry jam
- Heat waffle iron (not Belgian type).
- Spread butter on 1 side of each slice bread. Lay bread, butter-side-down, on clean surface. Spread 1 slice with mustard. Top with ham, cheese and remaining slice bread, butter-side-up.
- Cook in waffle iron 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with strawberry jam for dipping or spreading.