- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
This simple recipe for oven-fried chicken is not only crispy and flavorful, but it is also significantly healthier and easier than deep-frying chicken in large amounts of oil.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs, lightly pounded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and place a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven.
- Put the flour, celery salt, garlic salt and cayenne into a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and Panko breadcrumbs into two separate shallow bowls.
- Lightly cover the chicken thighs with the flour mixture and then dip them each into the beaten egg. Next, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs, pushing down so they adhere well to each piece.
- Brush the baking sheet with some oil and then dip the breaded thighs in the oil, coating well on each side. Place the chicken onto the baking sheet and, when ready, place it in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.