- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: Makes 24 Pieces
Give your snack time an Italian accent with these herb flavored, crispy Italian chicken wings. To make finely ground cornmeal, simply grind regular cornmeal in your food processor for a few seconds. Use your favorite marinara sauce for dipping, if you like.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 chicken wings, cut in half at joints, removed and discarded tips
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Warm marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Prepare wings for cooking. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, Parmesan, oregano, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the wings in the mixture and shake off any excess.
- Pour about 1-inch of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the wings for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. You may need to turn frequently near the end for even browning.
- Drain the wings on a rack set over a platter.
- Serve the wings with warm marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.