- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes about 5 cups
Chickpeas, also known as Garbanzo beans, don’t only make delicious soups or additions to salads; they also can be a crunchy and fiber-rich snack that can be enjoyed in place of traditional potato chips.
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Place the oil into a large saucepan and bring to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Put the chickpeas into a bowl and then sprinkle with the coriander and cumin; toss to combine, and then add the flour and toss once more to coat.
- Transfer approximately 1/3 of the chickpeas to the hot oil and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a large, paper towel-lined surface to drain. Continue cooking chickpeas in the same manner and then serve once cool.