- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 People
French fries are America's favorite snack food and it shows on our waistlines. Save the calories and fat and still satisfy your insatiable craving for crispy vegetables with these delicious baked eggplant fries. Each fry is baked to golden perfection, perfectly crispy and well seasoned with a kick from the addition of crushed red pepper. Pair these healthy fries with low fat dipping sauce and you have a very healthy, and very tasty, potato alternative!
- 1/2 medium eggplant, cut vertically
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with oil and set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch fries. Set aside. Mix breadcrumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper together in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg.
- One at a time, dip eggplant into egg, being sure to let excess egg drip off. Next, liberally coat the eggplant into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all eggplant strips have been coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown, turning once.