- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 55 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 5
These cookies are one of my favorites. The almond adds on mind blowing taste to them and makes them more than delicious. I just love them.
- 36 Almonds
- 1 3/4 cup Maize flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Soda bicarbonate
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs (large in size)
- 1/2 tsp Almond essence
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Grease the baking trays and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take two cups of hot water and blanch the almonds.
- After ten minutes, drain the water from almonds and peel them.
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Sieve the above mixture.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until light.
- Add one egg and beat it until fluffy.
- Add almond, vanilla essences and beat them.
- Add other ingredients (except egg) and make a dough by kneading it.
- Make balls out of the dough (1 1/4 inch in diameter).
- Place them on the baking trays.
- Slightly flatten the balls with palm of your hand.
- Beat another egg.
- Apply beaten egg on each flattened ball with brush.
- Place an almond in the center of each flattened ball.
- Bake until golden brown at 350 F.
- Cool and serve.