- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: approximately 6 jars
Homemade pickle canning recipe.
- 4 quarts medium cucumbers, not pared, thinly sliced
- 6 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- Combine the cucumbers, onions, peppers and whole garlic cloves.
- Mix in salt and cover with cracked ice. Allow to stand for 3 hours. Drain.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the cucumber mixture. Heat to a boil.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.