- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 6
This Asian-inspired meal has wonderful flavor and texture with its mix of flavors and combination of salmon, rice noodles and baby bok choy.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 center-cut salmon fillets with skin, about 6 ounces each
- 1 pound baby bok choy, cut into thin wedges
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place the broth, water, mirin, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sugar into a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the baby bok choy and cook for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice noodles according to package directions, drain and evenly divide between 6 bowls.
- Place the oil in a sauté pan over high heat and sprinkle the salmon fillets on both sides with salt.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, place the fillets in the pan and cook, skin side down, for 8 minutes, flipping once, and then transfer to the bowls with the noodles.
- Top the fish with the baby bok choy and serve immediately.