- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 4
All the vivid flavors of New Orleans are right here in Creole Halibut.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut steak
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1, 16 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1, 3 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- dash Tabasco sauce
- Arrange halibut steaks in a baking pan.
- In a microwavable dish, place onion, green pepper, celery and butter. Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes. Blend in tomatoes, mushrooms and seasonings. Pour over fish.
- Cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.