- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Total: 43 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Fresher, leaner, and full of crunch, this shrimp dish is inspired by the New Orleans' Creole and Cajun cuisines and will be a hit at your table.
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Creole spice blend
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbreads, ground to crumbs (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat 2 heavy or nonstick baking sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Beat in the Creole spice blend, lime zest, Tabasco®, and salt.
- Place the shrimp in the egg white mixture and toss to coat. One at a time, roll a shrimp in the crumbs, pressing them lightly onto the surface so the crumbs adhere.
- Arrange the crumbed shrimp in single layers on the prepared baking sheets. Mist the shrimp lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake until the shrimp are just opaque in the thickest part, 16 to 18 minutes. Serve hot, with lime wedges.