- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tarragon is a unique herb whose taste combines a blend of many flavors including; licorice, mint, pine and pepper. Try it in this creamy sauce ideal spooned over fried fish, chicken and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped tarragon leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook the mixture for 3 minutes until bubbling.
- Slowly pour in the milk, while mixing vigorously to combine, and then stir in the parsley and the tarragon.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, and then simmer the mixture until thick. Serve immediately.