- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 People
This light dessert is ideal for serving after dinner. For an added touch, sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg just before serving.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together milk, sugar, tapioca, egg yolk and salt in a saucepan and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat, cook until mixture comes to a full boil; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring into serving dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.