- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 People
Adding corn to a creamy risotto gives it an enjoyable touch of sweetness that makes this side dish the perfect accompaniment to savory main dish meals.
- 1 cup fresh corn or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more to garnish
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the scallions, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper and saute for two minutes. Stir in the rice, cook for an additional two minutes, stirring frequently and then slowly stir in the broth and the wine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the rice mixture for 25 minutes.
- Add the corn, parsley and cheese to the pan, stir to combine and then cover the pan and let stand for five minutes. Garnish the risotto with some additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.