- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Make a Mexican meal quickly and enjoy the flavors of this favorite. Creamy Spinach Enchiladas are easy and make a nutritious vegetarian dinner for the whole family. Serve with rice and beans.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of green onions, diced
- 1, 9-ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 of low-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12, 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1, 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce (red or green)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of the green onion. Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender (about 2 minutes). Add the spinach and cook for another minute, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the ricotta cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas. Place the tortillas in an ungreased, 13x9-inch backing dish. Pour the sauce over the tortillas, making sure to cover them evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and heated (about 15-20 minutes). Add sour cream as a garnish.