- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 10 servings
This recipe is for babies aged 8 months and older. Save money and allow baby to enjoy the benefits of a tasty homemade meal! Creamy Smashed Peas will bring a smile to your little one's face.
- 4 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the milk slowly, whisking the entire time you cook it. This will prevent lumps.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can include additional spices, as you prefer.
- Cook until the mixture begins to thicken. Add peas, stir and cook until heated through (about 5-7 minutes). Serve warm to baby.