- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
For cool fall evenings, a bowl of creamy pumpkin soup and a crispy side salad is the perfect meal. This recipe is courtesy of Farmer's Market Organic Foods.
- 1 can Farmer's Market Organic canned pumpkin or pumpkin pie mix
- 13.75 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large onion
- 2 chopped carrots (wheels or diced)
- 2 cups half and half or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (omit if using pie mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon (or less) salt
- In a large pot add the broth, onions, carrot, baking soda, salt, cinnamon (if using) and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Optional: Put the vegetable and broth into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot.
- Add the pumpkin and half and half.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Pour into soup crocks or soup bowls.
- Top with some sour cream.