- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve this comforting chowder, made with navy beans and spiced with Italian seasoning, with some fresh and crusty country bread.
- 1 20-ounce package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Bottled roasted red sweet pepper, cut into pieces to garnish
- Italian (flat-leaf) parsley to garnish
- Place the potatoes and the broth in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the flour and cheese, and then slowly pour in the milk.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasonings and then cover the Dutch oven and simmer over medium-low heat until it becomes thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook the chowder for 2 additional minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish the top with the peppers and parsley.