- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Italian-inspired, vegetarian main dish meal tops soft and creamy polenta with a delicious broccoli and garlic mixture, and Gorgonzola cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (oyster, shitake, baby portobellas)
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, torn for serving
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup polenta
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the bacon, garlic, mushrooms and a few pinches of salt, and sauté the mixture for 6 minutes. Add the vermouth and simmer the mixture for 1 minute.
- In the meantime, pour the milk into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the polenta and a few pinches of salt, and then whisk the mixture vigorously over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Thin with additional milk if needed.
- Serve the polenta in shallow bowls topped with the mushroom mixture and garnished with the parsley.