- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Polenta makes the perfect creamy base for this hearty vegetarian dish made with a flavorful wine and mushroom sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) portobello mushroom, stem removed and sliced (2-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup polenta
- 1/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese (1-1/2 ounces)
- Cook the polenta according to package directions and then stir in the cheese after cooking.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the mushroom, onion, and garlic, and sauté the mixture for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer the mushroom sauce for 5 minutes before adding the tomatoes and oregano. Bring the mixture back to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
- Divide the polenta between 2 plate and then top with the mushroom sauce. Serve immediately.