- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 10-12 servings
A staple holiday jello salad
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely-grated carrots
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Add water to the reserved pineapple juice to make 1 1/2 cups liquid. Bring to a boil, stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Mix in the sugar, salt and lemon juice. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the pineapple and carrots.
- Whip the whipping cream, and fold into the gelatin mixture. Pour into a mold or bowl and refrigerate until set.