- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
Traditionally made with beef, you won't miss the meat in Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff. The noodle are filling and the mushrooms are hearty. A lovely vegetarian favorite for dinner.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds mixed mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- 1, 8-ounce package of dry egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and cook the mushrooms for about 10 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a medium-sized sauce pan over low heat, add the white wine and shallots and bring to a boil. Continue to cook over low heat while stirring constantly (about 15 minutes) and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the wine mixture to the mushrooms and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the egg noodles and mix well. Serve from a platter and garnish with the chives.