- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Invest in good-quality cooking sherry to really add delicious flavor and depth to your sauces. You’ll be happy you did once you taste the difference.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- After about 20 seconds, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes until soft, then add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute before slowly adding the broth and mixing vigorously until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Pour in the brandy and cook the mixture for an additional 1 minute, then stir in the sour cream, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper and mix well to blend. Serve immediately.