- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Substitute your standard potatoes for creamy cauliflower in this healthier alternative to the high-carb and high-calorie classic.
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Steam the cauliflower and garlic for about 15 minutes until soft yet slightly tender.
- Using a food processor, place the steamed cauliflower and garlic with the buttermilk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt and pepper, and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.