- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Using fresh and creamy butter makes the tastiest curd, and it also helps achieve a smooth and rich consistency.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place the sugar and the eggs into a saucepan, whisk together to combine and then add the zest and the lemon juice; whisk over medium-low heat.
- Slowly add in the chunks of butter, whisking vigorously after each addition to blend, and then bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the curd from the heat and cool slightly prior to using.