- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The Creamy goat cheese mixed with fresh herbs in this light soufflé make it a perfect accompaniment to a baby greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 7 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter plus extra for buttering ramekins
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter 6 3/4-cup ramekins. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and the egg yolks until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter and sauté the onion, thyme, and rosemary for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue to cook for 1 minute before slowly pouring in the milk mixture and whisking to combine.
- Continue to cook the mixture for 3 minutes and then remove from heat and stir in half of the goat cheese, the salt, pepper and the cayenne pepper. Stir until cheese has melted.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold 1/4 of the whites into the cheese mixture. Add the remaining goat cheese to the mixture as well as the remaining tablespoon of Parmesan, and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.