- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8 servings
All-star chef Bobby Flay developed this low-fat salad dressing by cleverly substituting heavy mayonnaise for creamy roasted garlic purée. The result is a low-calorie Vinaigrette packed with robust flavor and bold taste.
- 15 medium unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the garlic on some aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then wrap the garlic in the foil. Put the garlic in the oven for 30 minutes to roast.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze each garlic tooth from its skin and place into a food processor. Add the vinegar, water, mustard, mayonnaise, honey, Worcestershire, Tabasco and a few pinches of salt and pepper and process the mixture until smooth.
- With the processor’s motor running, slowly add the oil and mix until blended; serve immediately.