- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Cream cheese is used in this fettuccine dish to provide additional flavor, tang and texture, while the peas and prosciutto add a balance of sweet and savory flavor.
- 2 cups half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- chopped parsley for garnish
- extra grated Parmesan for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and return to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, put the butter, half and half, Parmesan, cream cheese, salt, and pepper into a large sauce pan over medium-high heat and cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and then simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared pasta, along with the peas and prosciutto, and toss to coat.
- Serve the fettuccine with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.