- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Serves 6 people
A warm, cheesy baked pasta dish always hits the spot! Creamy Fettuccine & Spinach Bake is a hit served with most anything, but goes well with a fresh salad and bruschetta.
- 8 ounces of fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (including the top of the onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1, 15-ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to the package (omit salt). Drain & set aside.
- Using a medium-sized skillet, spay with non-stick cooking spray, or add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat. When the mushrooms are soft, add the spinach and water. Cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.
- In a large bowl, add the ricotta cheese, milk, egg, nutmeg and black pepper. Gently stir in the pasta and vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Use a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish and spray with non-stick cooking spray, or coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread the noodle mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the top with the Swiss cheese and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pasta comes out clean