- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Shredded chicken, penne pasta, asparagus and sweet peas are mixed with a creamy Dijon mustard-sauce in this quick and easy dinner dish. Accompany with a bottle of Chardonnay or a Chianti.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast , cut into strips
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/9 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain well.
- In the meantime, place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown for about 5 minutes before stirring in the soup, milk, mustard, pepper, asparagus and peas. Cook the mixture, covered, for 6 minutes over low heat and then add the cooked pasta.
- Stir the mixture well to combine, cook for about 3 minutes and then serve immediately topped with the shredded cheddar cheese.